Powhatan Nursing Home provides full nursing care for residents who have reached a point in their lives that entails twenty-four hours professional nursing care. Medically trained professionals are there every step of the way to care for your loved one and provide them with the physical and emotional support they need. We offer a staffing ratio greater than the national average and quality care with a personal touch, which includes 24 hour licensed nursing care.
Powhatan Offers a service for individuals who are in need of temporary placement referred to as vacation care or respite care. Respite care offers needed relief from the responsibilities of twenty-four hour care-giving. Many families have expressed a need to travel for business or to take a long awaited vacation trip. This service is available on a short or long term basis, dependant on bed availability in our traditional units and transitional units.
Powhatan Nursing Home’s Comprehensive Rehabilitation Therapies are Medicare B and secondary insurance reimbursable.
- Post Joint Replacement/Fracture care
- Post stroke
- Therapeutic Strengthening
- Endurance training
- Ultrasound/moist heat/electrical stimulation
- Restoration of activities of daily living
- Adaptive equipment training
- Splinting and positioning
- Contracture management
- Retraining for Functional Domestic Tasks
- Restoration of Receptive and
- Dysarthria/Apraxia treatment
- Dysphagia (swallowing disorder) treatment
- Therapeutic and compensatory techniques